There are many mineral heroes behind our health. Magnesium is one of them.
Magnesium benefits are many. It plays an essential part for the transmission of nerve impulses, the regulation of body temperatures, the production of energy, the process of detoxification, and the formation of healthy teeth and bones.
It is listed among the three most important minerals that are essential for good health by health experts. The other two are zinc and calcium. The trio works together to make us healthy. Magnesium helps our body to absorb calcium, and zinc actively supports the immune system of our body.
Magnesium is especially important for women of all ages. It helps keep osteoporosis at bay and relieves the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and menopause. For women who are carrying a baby, it is an unseen aid that minimizes the risk of premature labor.
There are many other essential health benefits of magnesium. Here are the top five.
Top Five Magnesium Benefits
1. Magnesium helps reverse osteoporosis. Researchers have found that when calcium is supplemented with magnesium, it improves bone density. Osteoporosis results from multiple causes; magnesium deficiency is one of them because the lack of magnesium changes the calcium metabolism and the hormones that regulate calcium. If we want to have healthy bones, taking the recommended amount of magnesium is important.
2. Magnesium helps prevent cardiovascular diseases. Researchers have also found that magnesium is closely associated with the lowering of the risk of coronary heart diseases. It reduces the chances of stroke. On the contrary, magnesium deficiency increases the risk of abnormal heart rhythms and complications after a heart attack. If we want to have healthy hearts, it's crucial to take the recommended amount of magnesium, through food and dietary supplements.
3. Magnesium helps regulate blood pressure. Magnesium is a key mineral in regulating blood pressure, along with potassium, another important mineral that keeps us healthy.
4. Magnesium is an aid in treating diabetes. Magnesium influences the release and activity of insulin, helps carbohydrate metabolism and controls blood glucose levels. Researches suggest that people with magnesium deficiency have a high risk of developing type-2 diabetes and severe diabetic retinopathy. Studies show that every 100 milligrams of magnesium daily intake reduces the risk of developing type-2 diabetes by 15 percent.
5. Magnesium helps treat insomnia, migraines, and depression. If you can't fall asleep very often and have developed migraines, the reasons are many, but don't forget to check your magnesium levels. You may cure your insomnia and migraines by taking the right amount of this crucial mineral.
In the cures of severe forms of psychiatric dysfunctions, such as panic attacks, anxiety, stress, and undue agitations, magnesium is a must-have component. It's been proven that magnesium supplements can considerably lower the severity and rate of reoccurrence of these dysfunctions. If you find that you have the stress symptoms, make sure your magnesium levels are good.
Benefits of Magnesium: Related Readings
comments powered by Disqus