Home Chiense Sauce Recipes Chinese Sweet Sour Sauce
Chinese Sweet Sour Sauce
Chinese sweet and sour sauce is a versatile sauce that you can use in many Chinese recipes. It's easy to make and it's tasty. Here is the recipe:
- Ketchup -- 1 cup
- Soy sauce -- 2 teaspoons
- White vinegar -- 2/3 cup
- Brown sugar -- 1 cup, lightly packed
- White sugar -- 1/8 cup, 1 cup if you really like it sweet
- Unsweetened pineapple juice -- 3/4 cup (or cold water)
- Cornstarch -- 3 tablespoons, (add or reduce 1 tablespoon to make it thicker or thinner)
- Mix the first five ingredients in a saucepan until well combined.
- Whisk the pineapple juice or cold water with cornstarch in a bowl until smooth and well blended.
- Stir vigorously into the ketchup mixture; bring to a boil in medium heat, stirring constantly until bubbly.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue simmering and mixing for a few minutes until thickened. Remove and let it cool.
- Enjoy with whatever you like, pork, chicken, salad, shrimps...
If you want to make sweet and sour salad dressing, you may use this sauce, or you may use the following ingredients to make the dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon soysauce, or 1/2 teasoonp salt
dash freshly ground pepper
dash hot sauce
Try this dressing with this Mandarin Orange Salad as shown in the picture above.
comments powered by